Job Title: Bar Manager - Fingal
Pay: Depending on experience
We are currently recruiting for a Bar and Breakfast Manager to join our vibrant crew. Reporting into the Food and Beverage Manager.
Due to launch in October 2018 a £3.5 million investment by The Royal Yacht Britannia’s trading company, Royal Yacht Enterprises, will see the opening of Fingal. Fingal is a former Northern Lighthouse Board ship, offering the ultimate in luxury, with 23 beautifully styled cabins, where guests will be able to choose from their own private balcony, duplex cabin or, for that special occasion, the stunning Skerryvore Suite.
Permanently berthed in the historic Port of Leith, Fingal will also provide an exciting new events venue for the city. The spectacular ballroom will seat 80 guests and feature a movable skylight (large enough to lower a car through), the perfect space for brand product launches or private celebrations.
Our crew are the core asset of Fingal’s brand, full of warmth and passion, with a shared vision for creating an amazing experience.
As Bar Manager for Fingal you will play an important role within the team and will be heavily involved in the overall day to day hotel operation. You will actively promote, co-ordinate and deliver excellent customer service across all areas of the hotel, assisting all departments in ensuring guest’s needs are exceeded. You will have a strong presence within the food and beverage operation at key business times and use the opportunity to build rapport with guests. You will have a confident, guest facing, engaging personality with a desire to exceed our guest’s expectations during every interaction.
During the absence of senior management, you will be required to assume responsibility for running the ship, therefore, you will be willing to accept this responsibility and not be averse to making decisions. You must be able to communicate at all levels, be effective when managing people, be dedicated and have strong commercial awareness.
As our Bar Manager, you will be able to:
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day running of the bar.
- Deliver excellent customer service in everything that you do throughout our guest’s journey.
- Co-ordinate all reservations and maximise covers in an effective and well-mannered way.
- Creation of cocktail menus, wine lists, advanced whisky knowledge and awareness of industry trends.
- When called upon carry out Duty Management shifts, ensuring the smooth running of the ship at all times including overseeing reception and events.
- Forecast potential revenues, costs and expenditure on a monthly basis and provide the Food and Beverage Manager with a monthly report on financial performances against budget and recommend any corrective actions.
- Help to establish procedures and templates to launch the Food and Beverage department for Fingal.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in appraising team members to agree individual targets to drive forward the desired service standards and revenue targets.
- Identify changing business and customer trends thus maximising the Fingal brand image, service standards and revenue opportunities.
- Ensure guest security and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Maintain an overview of stock and stock requirements, reviewing bar and restaurant offerings on a regular basis.
- Assist with sleepovers to ensure on property management is present in the absence of the Night Manager.
- Ensure that all legal requirements are adhered to at all times in respect of weights and measures and any other licensing laws.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude at all times and inspire those around you to perform to the best of their ability.
- A professional appearance and warm personality. Friendly and approachable.
- Point of contact for our guests, clients and crew, you will be confident and dynamic.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, building internal relationships to gain greater product knowledge and understanding.
- Previous experience in the five star luxury sector is essential.
- Must be able to communicate freely and eloquently with guests.
- Must have a good numerical and creative mind.
- A creative and professional bar manager.
- A passion and appreciation for great food and wine.
- Have good supplier communications and negotiating skills.
- Excellent market trend knowledge.
- Experience of running masterclasses and tastings.
Company benefits include:
- Enhanced long service holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme
- Complimentary tickets and staff discount
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why we should select you for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Food and Beverage Services Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.