Guest Services Assistant
Job Title: Guest Services Assistant - Fingal
Hours: Full Time
Pay: Depending on experience
As Guest Services Assistant for Fingal you will work as part of a dynamic Front of House team to ensure that the guest experience from first contact to departure is truly outstanding. This role would suit a professional looking to join our team and lead in delivering a guest experience that is intuitive, warm and safe. You will be a key player in ensuring the highest level of service is provided in all operational areas to maximise guest satisfaction. A true ambassador, dealing with all requests and queries in an efficient and professional manner, whether face to face or over the telephone. Focusing on all areas, including Front of House and Sales, working shifts as the business requires, including weekends and evenings.
As our Guest Services Assistant duties will be varied and are likely to include, but not limited to:
- Meet and greet guests to ensure they receive the appropriate recognition and arrival experience.
- Assisting with handling and movement of guest luggage for arriving and departing.
- Delivering excellent customer service will be essential in everything that you do throughout the guest’s journey and be a point of contact with all guests.
- Advising about the local area, local events, attractions, sightseeing and cultural events.
- Providing directions and assistance with reading maps, timetables, etc.
- Dealing with reservation and general enquiries both online and on the telephone from customers regarding availability.
- Extensive general administrative duties as required (daily financial reporting including invoicing, filing, cash handling & inventory management).
- Working with housekeeping to turn around cabins efficiently and to ensure the environment meets the required standards.
- Receiving payments from guests.
- Complaint handing and problem solving.
- Taking feedback from the guests and passing on to the Duty Manager.
- Ensure all public hotel areas are kept to the highest presentation standards.
- Maintain accuracy of all guest history records.
- Ensure guest security and confidentially is maintained at all times in all aspects.
- Up-selling additional products.
- An excellent written and spoken level of the English language is required, along with a good level of computer/IT knowledge.
- Able to assist the Events/Restaurant team.
- Responsible for the safety & security of the premises.
- Completion of daily night audit tasks as required.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude that inspires those around you to perform to the best of their ability.
- Ensure a professional appearance and warm personality, while still being friendly and approachable.
- A first point of contact for our guests, clients and crew you will be confident and dynamic.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, building internal relationships to gain greater product knowledge and understanding.
- Passion for the Hospitality Industry and a strong desire to work in the five-star sector.
- Previous experience in the luxury market is essential.
- Must be able to communicate freely and eloquently with guests.
- Must have a good numerical and creative mind.
- Fully committed and reliable.
- Good knowledge of Edinburgh is desired.
Company benefits include:
- Enhanced long service holiday entitlement
- Life assurance
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme
- Complimentary tickets to Britannia and staff discount
- Meals on Duty – you will be entitled to a complimentary meal in the staff canteen whilst on duty
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why we should select you for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Front of House Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.