Job Title: Head Chef - Fingal
Pay: Competitive Salary
Due to launch in October 2018 a £3.5 million investment by The Royal Yacht Britannia’s trading company, Royal Yacht Enterprises, will see the opening of Fingal. Fingal is a former Northern Lighthouse Board ship, offering the ultimate in luxury, with 23 beautifully styled cabins, where guests will be able to choose from their own private balcony, duplex cabin or, for that special occasion, the stunning Skerryvore Suite.
Permanently berthed in the historic Port of Leith, Fingal will also provide an exciting new events venue for the city. The spectacular ballroom will seat 80 guests and feature a moveable skylight (large enough to lower a car through), the perfect space for brand product launches or private celebrations.
Whilst this role is primarily based on Fingal, as a member of the kitchen brigade you will be expected to work across Fingal and The Royal Yacht Britannia as required.
You will have experience as a Head Chef ideally within a 5 star hotel or 2-3 rosette restaurant. You will play your part in creating inspirational menus and ensuring a smooth efficient kitchen operation. By mentoring and inspiring your team, you will ensure that your staff are trained to the highest standards. The Head Chef will also be responsible for preparing imaginative food and ensuring a clean, safe and tidy work environment for you and your team at all times.
You will have a dynamic approach to food production, passion and drive for great food and quality service along with excellent communication skills. Production experience is also very desirable and you should have a strong repertoire in both classic and modern cuisine.
Working for The Royal Yacht Britannia Trust will offer you the experience of being part of one of Scotland’s most exclusive brands, bringing with it the opportunity for self-promotion and PR through our marketing teams.
As Head Chef, you will be able to:
- Provide leadership to the team within the kitchen, ensuring the brigade are well trained, disciplined and able to deliver an excellent product day in day out
- Design and create new and exciting dishes for Fingal, working with both traditional concepts and modern alternatives, delivering the customer food proposition within Fingal’s business plan
- Use of local produce throughout menus
- Train and mentor those around you
- Adhering to and supervising, health, safety and hygiene regulations
- Extensive experience in managing department budgets
- Demonstrating a strong business ethos and commitment to developing a highly successful quality of service, as a market differential
- Excellent attention to detail, honesty, and a high level of personal integrity are attributes essential to thrive in this role
- Immaculate presentation standards in all that you do
- Good communication skills with guests and colleagues at all levels
- Passion to exceed guest expectation first time, on time, every time
Work will be scheduled on a rota system to cover 7-day trading.
Company benefits include:
- Enhanced long service holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme
- Complimentary tickets
- Staff discount in the Gift Shop and Royal Deck Tea Room
- Free car parking for staff
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why we should select you for this role to: email@example.com or postal applications to:
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.