Job Title: Head Chef - The Royal Yacht Britannia
Pay: Competitive Salary
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 200 staff. The former floating palace of Her Majesty The Queen, Britannia welcomes over 380,000 visitors a year from around the world, and hosts 100 evening events.
You will have experience as a Head Chef ideally within a 5 star hotel/venue or 2-3 rosette restaurant. You will play your part in creating inspirational menus and ensuring a smooth efficient kitchen operation. By mentoring and inspiring your team, you will ensure that your staff are trained to the highest standards. The Head Chef will also be responsible for preparing imaginative food and ensuring a clean, safe and tidy work environment for you and your team at all times.
You will have a dynamic approach to food production, passion and drive for great food and quality service along with excellent communication skills. Production experience is also very desirable and you should have a strong repertoire in both classic and modern cuisine.
Working for The Royal Yacht Britannia will offer you the experience of being part of one of Scotland’s most exclusive brands, bringing with it the opportunity for self-promotion and PR through our marketing teams.
As Head Chef, you will be able to:
• Provide leadership to the team within the kitchen, ensuring the brigade are well trained, disciplined and able to deliver an excellent product day in day out
• Design and create new and exciting dishes, working with both traditional concepts and modern alternatives, delivering the customer food proposition within Britannia’s business plan
• Use of local produce throughout menus
• Train and mentor those around you
• Adhering to and supervising, health, safety and hygiene regulations
• Extensive experience in managing department budgets
• Demonstrating a strong business ethos and commitment to developing a highly successful quality of service, as a market differential
• Excellent attention to detail, honesty, and a high level of personal integrity are attributes essential to thrive in this role
• Immaculate presentation standards in all that you do
• Good communication skills with guests and colleagues at all levels
• Passion to exceed guest expectation first time, on time, every time
Work will be scheduled on a rota system to cover 7-day trading.
Company benefits include:
• 6.6 weeks pro rata annual holiday entitlement.
• Enhanced long service holiday entitlement.
• Generous company pension.
• Life assurance.
• Performance and loyalty payment scheme.
• Complimentary tickets to The Royal Yacht Britannia.
• Staff discount in the Royal Deck Tea Room, Britannia Gift Shop and The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal.
• Free car parking at The Royal Yacht Britannia.
• Meals on duty – you will be entitled to a complimentary meal in the staff canteen whilst on duty.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why we should select you for this role to: email@example.com or postal applications to:
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.