Job Title: Kitchen Porter - Fingal
Hours: Full Time
Pay: Depending on experience
This is a great opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join our kitchen brigade on board Fingal. Fingal is a luxury floating hotel permanently berthed on Edinburgh’s vibrant waterfront. This historic ship started life as a lighthouse tender, helping maintain lighthouses and transporting their keepers, equipment and supplies to some of the most treacherous locations in Scotland. Launched in January 2019, she has been transformed into an exquisite 23 cabin boutique hotel and exclusive use venue by the award winning team at The Royal Yacht Britannia.
A hotel with all the glamour and style of a superyacht but with an old-world elegance that is completely unique. Curves and tilts, deck spaces and beautiful lines that tell the story of Fingal’s rich seafaring history, offering a totally unique experience, far removed from your everyday world.
When it comes to produce we use only the best aboard Fingal. We are passionate about creating dishes using fresh local produce taking inspiration from what’s in season and the ingredients presented to us by our local forager.
This role would suit someone with a good general knowledge of kitchens within hospitality and back of house operations plus experience in food hygiene and Health and Safety regulations.
As our Kitchen Porter duties are likely to include, but not limited to:
• Making sure all crockery, cutlery and glassware are cleaned to the highest standards before reaching our guests
• Storing all equipment; crockery, glassware, cutlery accurately and safely
• Maintain the highest standards in all storage areas so we can find what we need, when we need it
• Ensuring the safe removal, segregation and storage of all recycling materials
Company benefits include:
• Enhanced long service holiday entitlement
• Life assurance
• Performance and loyalty payment scheme
• Complimentary tickets to Britannia and staff discount
• Meals on Duty – you will be entitled to a complimentary meal in the staff canteen whilst on duty
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why we should select you for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.