Reservations & Revenue Executive
Pay: Depending on experience
We are currently recruiting for a Reservations and Revenue Executive to join our vibrant crew. You will work alongside the Reservations & Events Co-ordinator and report to the Senior Hospitality & Events Manager.
The role of Revenue & Reservations Executive is for our luxury floating hotel Fingal, which has been created by the award winning team at The Royal Yacht Britannia. The position will be based on Britannia, however working closely with both teams.
Fingal opened in January 2019 as a unique addition to Edinburgh’s hotel scene following a £5-million development. Already at number 1 on TripAdvisor for Edinburgh, this former Northern Lighthouse Board ship has begun an exciting new chapter offering beautiful cabins, dining and entertaining space.
Fingal’s 23 luxury cabins are each named after Stevenson lighthouses, inspired by her rich maritime heritage. Sleek corridors lined with lighthouse images lead to the choice of cabins, from a luxury cabin with access to the deck, a duplex cabin with comfortable living space or the stunning Skerryvore Suite with extensive outdoor space to relax and entertain.
Berthed in the historic Port of Leith, Fingal also provides an exciting new events venue for the city. The spectacular ballroom seats 60 guests and features a moveable skylight (large enough to lower a car through).
Once home to Her Majesty The Queen, The Royal Yacht Britannia is now one of the most luxurious events venues in the world, where guests experience the ‘event of a lifetime’, with exclusive dinners for up to 176 guests and drinks receptions for 450, hosted in the impressive State Apartments and stunning Royal Deck. Whatever the event, Britannia is the perfect setting for a wide range of exclusive evening events, including product launches, gala dinners, staff incentives, and receptions.
As our Reservations and Revenue Executive, you will be able to:
- Deliver a friendly, efficient and informative reservation service to all guests.
- Manage high levels of pre-stay communication with guests both verbally and written.
- Design individually tailored, accurately priced and fully personalised itineraries for each guest.
- Establish the needs of each individual customer and upsell the outstanding attributes of The Royal Yacht Britannia and Fingal.
- Manage private tour enquiries for Britannia.
- Manage ticketed and ad hoc events for both venues.
- Help to establish procedures and templates to launch the Reservations department for Fingal.
- Have some knowledge of hotel revenue management.
- Since you will often be the first point of contact for any client, you will be confident, a dynamic self-starter, creative and well presented.
- Delivering excellent customer service will be essential in everything that you do throughout the guest’s journey.
- Optimise revenue of the available rates and room types on a frequent basis.
- Efficiently and professionally handle luxury sales enquiries for the individual traveller/small travelling groups.
- Communicate appropriately to all customers via telephone, e-mail, face-to-face, booking agencies and third party booking websites, maintaining exemplary luxury standards and high levels of attention to detail at all times.
- Accurately administer all reservation details in booking systems, taking personal responsibility for the correct input of all statistics, ensuring up-to-date customer records are maintained.
- Prepare accurate written confirmation documentation for every booking taken and update correctly, after any amendments are made to the reservation, prior to guests’ arrival.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- Experience with the Guest Line system would be helpful, however not essential.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude that inspires those around you to perform to the best of their ability.
- Ensure a professional appearance and warm personality, whilst still being friendly and approachable.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, building internal relationships to gain greater product knowledge and understanding.
- Must have a strong desire to work in an incomparable 5 star sector.
- Previous knowledge or experience in the luxury market is desired, however not essential.
- Must be able to communicate freely and eloquently with guests.
- Must have a good numerical experience and a creative mind.
Core hours of work are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm, however due to the nature of this position some weekend and evening working will be required, and time in lieu will be given.
Company benefits include:
- Enhanced long service holiday entitlement
- Life assurance
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme
- Complimentary tickets and staff discount
- Staff discount in the Gift Shop and Royal Deck Tea Room on board The Royal Yacht Britannia
- Staff discount on F & B on Fingal and reduced rate cabin for friends and family
- Free car parking for staff
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why we should select you for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Senior Hospitality & Events Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
Closing date: 26 September 2019