Hours: Full Time
Pay: £9.79 - £13 per hour + Tips
We are currently recruiting for Housekeeping Attendants to join our vibrant crew. Already rated as TripAdvisor’s No.1 Traveller Ranked Hotel in Edinburgh, former Northern Lighthouse Board ship, Fingal has begun an exciting new chapter as a luxury floating hotel in Leith, Edinburgh. Our crew is the core asset of Fingal’s brand, full of warmth and passion, with a shared vision for creating an amazing experience.
The Hospitality and Events department is now recruiting for a Waiter with previous experience working in a busy five-star luxury hospitality environment. They will also be a team player who takes pride in their work and has a can-do flexible attitude, smart appearance and excellent communication skills. We are looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated, engaging and creative individuals with the passion and ability to engage with our guests. They must have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
The candidate may work across both Fingal and The Royal Yacht Britannia, in the Royal Deck Tea Room or at exclusive evening events aboard Britannia or in The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar servicing Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and Dinner aboard Fingal.
As our Waiter duties will be varied and are likely to include, but not limited to:
- Waiting tables and servicing customers’ requests to the highest professional level
- Function room preparation and delivery of Fingal and The Royal Yacht Britannia events
- Bar service, drink preparation and coffee making
- Maintaining Health and Safety standards, including allergens and COSHH regulations
- Cash handling, including opening and closing till
- Able to assist the Events/Restaurant team
Company benefits include:
- 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution)
- 6.6 weeks/33 days pro-rata, annual holiday entitlement
- Up to one week/5 days pro-rata, long service holiday entitlement
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme
- Complimentary tickets and staff discount (Britannia and Fingal Hotel)
- Free car parking for staff at The Royal Yacht Britannia
- Meals on duty – you will be entitled to a complimentary meal in the staff canteen whilst on duty.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of Waiter to email@example.com or postal applications to:
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.