Hours: Full and Part time available
Pay: £10.90 + service charge (approx. £4 per hour)
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 160 staff. This former floating palace of Queen Elizabeth II, usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and would normally host circa 100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Britannia provides an exceptional experience for visitors. This dedication to excellence has led to the Royal Yacht being rated as Tripadvisor's No.1 UK Attraction (AGAIN), and the top 1% in the world in its category.
Fingal is a luxury floating hotel permanently berthed on Edinburgh’s vibrant waterfront and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland. This historic ship started life as a lighthouse tender, helping maintain lighthouses and transporting their keepers, equipment and supplies to some of the most treacherous locations in Scotland. Launched in January 2019, she has been transformed into an exquisite 22 cabin five-star hotel and exclusive use venue with the onboard Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar awarded 2 AA Rosettes.
The Hospitality and Events department is now recruiting for a Waiter to join the team. Both The Royal Yacht Britannia and Fingal host exclusive evening dinner and drinks receptions with the team also providing Britannia’s day visitors with light refreshments in our stunning Royal Deck Tearoom. The role will include supporting the Food and Beverage team with many types of events within the Food and Beverage areas including the Tearoom, Bar, Breakfast Room, weddings, parties and large corporate events.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with previous experience working in a busy hospitality environment, who has a can-do, flexible and positive attitude, smart appearance and excellent communication skills. You will ensure that our visitors have a comfortable and enjoyable visit by delivering outstanding five-star customer service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Greeting and guiding customers to their tables.
- Up-selling additional products when appropriate.
- Taking accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips and memorisation.
- Checking customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serving food and drinks orders.
- Arranging table settings and maintaining a tidy dining area.
- Delivering and collecting bill payments.
- Meeting with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties).
- Following all relevant health department regulations.
- Providing excellent customer service to guests.
Company benefits include:
- 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution).
- 33 days pro-rata annual holiday entitlement.
- Enhanced long service holiday entitlement.
- Life Assurance.
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme.
- Complimentary tickets.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Staff discount in the Gift Shop, Royal Deck Tearoom & The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal Hotel.
- Free car parking for staff.
- Uniform provided.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.