Job Title: Waiting Crew - Fingal
Hours: Part Time (minimum of 16 hours)
Pay: £9.30 per hour
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 200 staff. The former floating palace of Her Majesty The Queen, Britannia welcomes over 380,000 visitors a year from around the world, and hosts 100 evening events.
Also owned by The Royal Yacht Britannia charitable trust, luxury floating hotel Fingal is a 23-cabin boutique hotel and events venue. As of July 2019, Fingal is TripAdvisor’s No1 Traveller Ranked hotel in Edinburgh and is a 2021 Tripadvisor Travellers' Choice Best of the Best award winner.
The Hospitality and Events department is now recruiting for a Waiter or Waitress with previous experience working in a busy five-star luxury hospitality environment. They will also be a team player who takes pride in their work and has a can-do flexible attitude, smart appearance and excellent communication skills. We are looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated, engaging and creative individuals with the passion and ability to engage with our guests.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working as part of a food and beverage team within a premium quality establishment. You must have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
The candidate may work across both ships, in the Royal Deck Tea Room or at exclusive evening events aboard Britannia or in The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar servicing Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and Dinner aboard Fingal.
As our Waiting Crew duties will be varied and are likely to include, but not limited to:
- Waiting tables and servicing customers’ requests to the highest professional level
- Function room preparation and delivery of Fingal and The Royal Yacht Britannia events
- Bar service, drink preparation and coffee making
- Maintaining Health and Safety standards, including allergens and COSHH regulations
- Cash handling, including opening and closing till
- Able to assist the Events/Restaurant team
Company benefits include:
• 6.6 weeks pro rata annual holiday entitlement.
• Enhanced long service holiday entitlement.
• Generous company pension.
• Life assurance.
• Performance and loyalty payment scheme.
• Complimentary tickets to The Royal Yacht Britannia.
• Staff discount in the Royal Deck Tea Room, Britannia Gift Shop and The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal.
• Free car parking at The Royal Yacht Britannia.
• Meals on duty – you will be entitled to a complimentary meal in the staff canteen whilst on duty.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of Waiter/Waitress to email@example.com or postal applications to:
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.